- Going to Starbucks and paying for expensive drinks so you don't feel bad for using the free wifi
- Continuously checking phone for texts because you don't have access to IM
- Cleaning things because there's really nothing else to do
- Stare outside the window and wonder if anything interesting's happening in the virtual world
- Constantly have a nagging feeling that you're about to get a really important email... which you won't be able to read until you go back to Starbucks
- Do work- offline
- Turn the computer's wifi on and off, hoping against hope that some magical connection will be made
- Attempt every simple password to neighbouring wifi signals
- Start planning out every detail of your day because you got bored of cleaning and staring out windows
- Write offline blog entries and planning to publish them once you get to Starbucks... again
So I've just moved into the newest apartment. It's really quite lovely and empty at the moment, but hopefully that'll change soon. Currently am sitting in the Starbucks below the building because (in case you didn't realize already) we have no internet. We will not have internet until May 12th. This is a long time later.
Currently looking into options for dividing off the den of the apartment (which I reside in). My parents have express their displeasure that though I did majority of the work to get the apartment, I somehow ended up with the den rather than a room. But in my mind I feel like it's because I'm the most flexible one out of everyone, and also the one who will voice my issues if I ever feel any. Maybe that's a bit egotistic of me... well yes, it is... I think we all have come to realize that by now.
Looked up some room dividers: http://www.oddee.com/item_96925.aspx
My plan at the time is to get a blank Shoji screen:
In my head I've been nursing the idea that we can paint it as a roomies project.
People keep telling me to get some strange curtain contraption. The issue is that the open area of the den is very long so I don't know if the extendable curtain rods would be steady enough. Also the ceiling is bumpy so I can't nail any rods to that... Slightly out of ideas... except for the shoji screen of course.
Now I should really do some readings before I head back.