Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Too Happy

Ever have one of those moments when you start laughing about something, and then it snowballs into you laughing at your own laughter? And then everything in the world is suddenly the most hilarious thing and you just can't stop finding the joys and happy within 2m of yourself?

Currently experiencing that.

Let me explain that I am perfectly rational still, hence you can't tell my complete nonsensical laughter in this post. (I'm actually doing something similar to: *type type* "LOL!!!" *type* *Giggle* *type type* "hehe... HAAHAHA")

I just sneezed. It was really funny.

This isn't the first time it's happened. I tend to have over-reactions to otherwise mild stimuli. Key examples are:

  • Crying uncontrollably in almost every movie during the smallest amount of sadness (Like at the very beginning of Finding Nemo when Marlin loses all he loves and holds dear except the one fated egg)
  • Laughing at the little things in life hysterically (See sneezing example above)
  • Crying non-stop when watching the Notebook- literally from near the beginning of the movie to the very end
  • Having crazy mood swings that often make no sense 
  • Experiencing "high off life" episodes
... Going to go ahead and self diagnose with Pseudobulbar affect.

Though in reality the chances that I have some central nervous system injury is unlikely. I prefer to think of my overly dramatic expressions of emotions simply as a result of my overly dramatic emotions. It's nice to feel a lot, I've always thought that at the end of the day, your feelings should be what drives you forward. Not to say that if you really hate someone you should go ahead and attack them. Just that if you hate them you shouldn't have to pretend not to for the sake of some social norm.

(For above example I strongly recommend maintaining pleasant interactions and getting back at them later when they've allowed you into their confidence and you have some nice info to use against them...)

I never believed in the superego. I just believed in trying to please society... to avoid being an utter shut-out. But hey, if I feel like laughing non-stop, I WILL.

Though by this point it's really pissing my roommates off and I'd really like to stop... but I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment