It seems like just about every other interest group has their own tumblr challenge, so I’ve devised my own for us scientists.
- What does it mean to be a scientist?
- What is your stance on embryonic stem cell research?
- If you were a closed circuit loop, which elements - resistor, capacitor, inductor, etc. - would you contain?
- What is your favorite theory in all of science? Your favorite law? Favorite principle? Theorem? Constant? Color?
- Name one female scientist. Now name one besides Marie Curie.
- Which is your favorite type of blot - Southern, western, or northern?
- Will nuclear fission ever be a viable power source? Come on, you gotta be kidding me!
- How should science and religion relate to each other?
- Do you remember that one English class you had to take as an undergrad to satisfy a gen ed? Yeah, that sucked.
- What is your most successful science-themed pickup line?
- Just how far would you go in the pursuit of scientific knowledge? In the pursuit of a Klondike bar?
- What is the biggest open question in your field of study/interest?
- If you were a chemical species, how would your bonding and anti-bonding orbitals be arranged, and why? Don’t forget to mention your HOMO and LUMO.
- If you ever won the Nobel Prize for your research, what would be your theme song when you accepted the prize?
- Will scientists ever teach a robot to love?
This will be done